Yesterday was my weekly weigh-in for Weight Watchers at work. I was convinced that I had gained, hoping with every ounce of hope that I had merely maintained. Why? We celebrated hybby's birthday on Sunday with In-N-Out Burger for lunch and Margaritaville fare for dinner. (Side note: we had an absolute blast with our friends! We really do have the best group of friends in the world.) Anyway, I made sure to go in to the meeting room early, before anyone else would be there to ask me how it went. I was so early, in fact, our group leader wasn't even set up yet! I explained to her that it wasn't going to be pretty as I stepped on to the scale... 195.0! That's down another 1.4 pounds from last week, 6.4 total! Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. One thing is for sure, I simply have to cut down on eating out. Although, I will say I have already cut down tremendously. If I eat out at work, it's a Turkey Breast on Wheat from Subway (7 POINTS with cheese). And I am trying new recipes instead of suggesting eating out for every little occasion. For instance, Monday was hubby's real birthday and I made Slow Cooker Lasagna and invited his best friend over instead of suggesting another birthday dinner out. Hey, it's one small step.
Also, an update on my goal of 10 minutes of movement every day: I accomplished this most days. There were a few lazy days, but some things I did to increase my activity overall were: cleaning (dusting, mirrors, sweeping), walking up & down the stairs a few times, and dancing around my apartment by myself. I'm going to keep that goal this week. Once I have that down, I will increase the time of it. The big hurdle for next week will be not gaining very much since it is my special week again. We'll see how that goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment