I'm telling you, it's sabotage. Do you think it's any coincidence that the majority of people who set weight loss resolutions on January 1st have given up by January 10th when that is the date the Girl Scouts start selling their irresistible morsels of sin? I think not! I mean, even their name (Brownie) is intended to fill your mind with images of sweet chocolatey goodness.
Normally I have a tactical way to avoid them. Well, actually I just never carry cash and the only ones I have to avoid are outside the grocery store. Problem solved, right? No. Turns out my boss' niece is a Brownie. "No pressure," she says as she passes around the order form. Pressure? Who needs pressure?! The ridiculous thing about GS cookies is we all know how good they are, we all have our favorites, and we all know they're only available for a limited time. So how can we not buy 4 boxes of our favorites?
I guess the challenge is going to be to resist chomping down an entire box of Somoas in one sitting. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yes. Those darn Girls Scouts. Darn them. :)
ReplyDelete