Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weighing in

Well, I just left my WW meeting, where I weighed in at a slimmer 197.4! That's a 4 pound loss from last week (which I know is inflated for reasons stated in my last post, but I still at least achieved my goal of 1 pound for the week.)

What I am noticing:

1) Writing down my foods has really helped me stay on track. I didn't even use half of my extra points for the week, and I was very satisfied. I got to enjoy a couple of extra special meals too!

2) My belly looks less prego. It's still a belly, but not quite as inflated.

3) I feel good- on a couple levels. I feel like I am accomplishing something, which just inspires me to continue. And I feel sexier and more attractive. I know 4 pounds isn't that huge a difference, but even Tim has responded, and that makes me feel great!

I wish I could say I am already feeling the effects of having more energy, but that hasn't kicked in yet. (I also haven't been walking the past week due to some physical issues, so those could be related.) So far I am pleased with the results I am seeing, and I am just focusing on those.

I also wanted to share a recipe with you all. I don't know who to give credit to, but it's something I picked up on a WW forum at work. This fruit salad is perfect for bringing to get-togethers (Super Bowl parties, etc.). It also keeps well at home if you want a week's worth of healthy dessert.

Caramel Apple Salad

4 medium apples (I like Fuji), chopped
1 can Dole crushed pineapple (in juice, not syrup)
1 8oz tub Cool Whip Light
1 box Sugar-Free, Fat-Free pudding mix, Butterscotch flavor

Combine chopped apples and pineapple with juice in large bowl. Add pudding mix, stir. Add Cool Whip Light and combine well. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later. Serves 8, WW Points per serving = 2

Hints: You can use Cool Whip Free to avoid more fat, but the salad will be a little runnier. It still tastes great, though.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment