Sunday, January 11, 2009

Keep on movin'

Friday was my first post, my first real day of commitment. To take the first step with exercising, I walked at work with a co-worker. We took 2 treks up the stairs to our fourth floor and back down, and then a short hike around our building. It actually felt good. I felt energized!

Friday night, I did eat out. Mexican food is a weakness of mine! But instead of eating a deep fried chimi with a ton of rice and re-fried beans, I stuck with a chicken taco and enchilada, no rice or beans, with water to drink. It was delicious and satisfying. While it was, I'm sure, not the healthiest thing on the menu, it was probably half the calories I could have consumed, so I consider this a victory :)

Saturday, baby shower! Potential pitfall lies in those 2 words... But plenty of veggies, fruits and lean meats to the rescue! These little babies kept me from woofing down a huge corner piece of cake. Instead, I opted for a smaller middle slice with WAY less icing. I think being on my feet all day helped burn some of those calories anyway. Then we took my parents out for a steak birthday dinner. Man, did I want some loaded mashed potatoes. Instead, house salad and baked potato. It was just as delicious, and much better for me.

Sunday, the hubby and I went hiking. It was a little daunting at first. Like I mentioned, I tend to shy away from anything too active because I don't want people to see how out of shape I am. But it was a beautiful day and it was a beginner's trail. It felt good to get out and about and even to work out my sore calves. I think the hike helped.

Oh, and we got a new battery for our scale. Afternoon weigh-in was 201.5... Maybe it was the jeans? Well, we'll consider this my "starting point" I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you choosing healthier options! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete