Friday, January 16, 2009

Stress.

It's getting hectic. This is not meant to be a downer post; I just want to explain the challenges I foresee. My grandpa passed away on Wednesday (somewhat expected, and we're all doing okay). This entails a trip to Tampa where I know no one except my grandma. My parents and aunt will be traveling there as well, but I have never met the family who lives there, nor have I ever visited. Also, I have so much to do before I leave tomorrow, between packing, grocery shopping (so my hubby doesn't starve), and homework!

Then this morning they admitted my one-year-old godson to the hospital for RSV. He's been on oxygen all day, poor guy. So I scheduled in a visit there for a couple hours. I have had to miss and reschedule several events that I had planned for this week and weekend because of my trip. That is totally unlike me, and I feel a little like I am letting people down, although they have all been super supportive. And to top it all off, we have a super busy week at work next week, so I have to come in on Wednesday and train all day even though I don't land in Phoenix until late Tuesday night. Just thinking about all of it stresses me out.

And I am not afraid to admit that when I am stressed, I eat like crud. For instance, In-n-Out Burger tonight. Does it make me feel better? Heavens, no! It makes me feel way worse, but it smells and tastes so good. I am going to need your prayers to make it through the next 4 days, especially because I can't pack my own food for that amount of time. Pray for lots of healthy options, and very little eating out.

Does stress do this to you? How do you cope? What about when you're traveling?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, Mylinda! I am so sorry to hear all that's going on! I pray the Lord's hand is protecting you, your parents and aunt as you travel. Keep us posted!!

    As for the stress eating, you are in good company (but neither of us belongs there!!) You know, I long to read, or nap, or even scrapbook, so I think the key is to replace one habit for another (a more healthy one, that is!) And, as for traveling, sometimes that's hard to avoid, but choosing the healthier option when at a restaurant will carry you far.

    Blessings to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete